View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:44 PM

I have a first edition Esoteric DV-50 multi format digital disc player. I purchased it off Audiogon, from a retailer in Utah, I live in Southern Nevada. It was a demo unit and was sold to make room for the next generation , DV-60, I think. My unit was sent back to Esoteric twice for repairs. Once under warranty and again when it was well outside the warranty. The first trip back was for the red book playback section. The second trip was for the DVD-A section.

Both times, I only paid shipping one way. Turnaround time was within two weeks, both times. The tech person I talked to each time was very nice and knowledgable. He answered all my questions and never rushed me off the phone. They were very apologetic and seemed embarrassed I was having problems and never tried to blame me, which is SOP at some companies. I can’t say enough regarding there customer service.

I haven’t had an issue with it since the last trip back, many years ago. Esoteric is one outstanding company. It will be my first stop when look’n for a DAC or plastic disc player.

Regards,

Allan
Amps: VTL 450MKII, Speakers: B&W 801S-3, Full Function Pre-Amp: McIntosh C-2500, Multi-Format Digital Disc Player: Esoteric DV-50. Hard Drive Based Digital Playback: Mac Mini w/Esoteric D-07 DAC. Vinyl Playback:Technics SL-1210MKII w/Jelco 750 arm , Denon DL-103r w/hardwood body and Denon DP-500M w/Jelco 750 arm and AT-14sa. Power and Cabling: PS Audio Power Plant Premier, Cabling=various mid level MIT.