View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 10:39 PM

So last night I put on roger waters 'Amused to Death' and well this album as many of you know has some incredible audio trickery I'll call it. But - I figure if things happen as they should then the room is just right. You have the horses galloping ... people talking right next to you ... bombs going off ...thunder. And it literally sounds like it is coming directly next to you ... behind you... thru you. I have heard this before - but last night was fantastical. The music on the album has grown on me as well over time. But like typical Roger Waters - a lot of seriousness. This isn't something you just sit down and skip around with. You gotta listen to the whole thing. Which I did.

Everything seemed to start either to the immediate left or right of my ears ...and sometimes slightly behind me. If you don't have it - consider it - and sit dead center... turn off the lights and get ready for the show. Things come out at you. The Maggie's seem to do this a lot on their own anyway.

The bass on these speakers 'blooms' and in no way is directional like a punchy cone. I have never had a speaker so connected with the room.

What a bunch of fun this is. I prob have around 140 hrs on the panels now.