View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:40 PM

Serge, I found this and other reviews at the Lamm website. I just reread this one and agree, it is unusually clear and free of the hyperbole reviewers often use.

The point that really interests me is the Lamms detailed, but natural tonality that, because of its ability to effectively couple with practically any speaker load impedance, it can deliver equally well to all frequencies, under all practical operating conditions. No roll off at one point or another that can change an amplifier's tonal characteristics with a given speaker. (come to think of it, sounds like mcintosh...!)

I know you are aware of some of the inherent difficulties in bi-amping which, with my system, I was willing to work to overcome, to realize some of the benefits described in this review of a hybrid power amp. It seems to provide the best of both worlds! ...and pure Class A all the way...

It looks like you have made your preamp decision, since you've changed your signature lineup. Are you going to post your comparision findings? Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.