View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM
A happy little vegemite..

Not sure - I live in Australia and bought mine from PriceJapan as we don't have a local dealer/distributor (an one official in any event - there are a couple local individuals that each claim to be the distributor). Because it draws only 20 w I'm happy with a quality step down torodial transformer. And the price differential was significant.

I ended up buying my Lux 550 A II from the UK. For full class A, I wanted a correct voltage unit.

I do know that the US distributor for Luxman (On a Higher Note) is highly regarded among the online audiophile community - at least on the forums. Service? Not sure your Lux will ever need anything (they are superbly engineered and build construction is exemplary) but if it does I am sure the local distributor will look after you. Whether it goes to japan or not the turn around time would be much the same: mine was arrived from Japan in 2 days - even with the Earthquake/Tsunami. Of course it spent the next 5 days coming 75 km from the airport...local courier and customs...sigh.
Please let me know how you get on.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Berthold Auerbach