Thread: Lg oled
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 06:29 AM

Well. I'm extremely picky. I'm so used to my Panny 2012 55" Plasma and my 55" LG LED 3D from several years ago. I'm not sure what to think overall. My two tvs are already extremely good for Directv and gaming. SD shows on Directv are good and of course HD much better.

With the OLED B6 LG 55". Hmm. Brighter then the Panny. Plasma like view angle. Awesome. Amazing black and white is great too. I don't get much improved quality though for $2800 over either of my two tvs. Directv only. But then there's 4K which I haven't seen yet. No content. Didn't spend much time with tv.

I bought at the same time the Xbox One S 2TB. Doesn't do 4K through my Yamaha rxa3010 receiver so I connected to tv and it did 4K. But no difference what so ever over 1080p. I don't think the Xbox ui is 4K.

This is all I've done so far.

Hogans Heroes was SD of course. One of my fav shows. Seen the whole series 3 times now and on my 4th run. Brighter then Panny tv. But noise in picture lots on their clothing. Like if someone stands still it looks ok with a bit of noise. But if they move it really shows up in the clothing. Weird. Panny didn't do this. Much less noise. I'm not sure how I feel about the oled because there's almost no difference except it's brighter and the picture is a bit different but I think I can't decide if it's better. It for sure isn't better enough for me to tell but I always have a hard time noticing differences in some areas of my life. I have Aspergers Syndrome and this is part of it for me. Then I watched a bit of The Terminator in HD but it was not like newer HD shows. It was just ok again.

Changed tv picture mode from standard to expert dark room and the noise got better when watching Hogans Heroes. But the quality still isn't much if any better then on my Panny or the older lg.

There was judder on pretty much everything I watched. Not bad but enough to bug me. I hate judder cuz it is shaking. I hate motion blur. I didn't notice motion blur much of at all on anything though. Except in hogans Heroes they parachuted from a plane and the bodies had bad motion blur for a couple seconds in one part. But that's it. So not bad.

I'll watch Batman The Dark Night blue ray on Xbox one s in 1080p or PS4 1080p and see. If I can find it. I'll watch cars also on blu ray.

With no 4K for me it's not worth it. There's very little if any improvements in non 4K over my two older tvs. They're awesome. And I won't be doing 4K till at the earliest when Xbox Scorpio comes out. PS4 pro isn't true 4K and doesn't even have a 4K drive.

Also when I have seen 4K I'm not impressed. It's ok. But no big deal. I've seen 4K in the store and 4K you tube on a Sony 4K 850 55" I tried and nothing special. There's not much difference unless you're way close to the screen or its huge. And I'm about 12 feet away.

Also light is in the tv bad. We have a light on the other side of the room that the tv picks up very well. Better then the plasma or led I have. Meaning you can see the light easier sadly.

Last edited by buggs1a; 09-22-2016 at 06:33 AM.