View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trond View Post
Thank you Dan and Ivan, and very interesting post from Macuser! If I am not mistaken, the Flux-50 seems to do it's magic even when placed after a power regenerator/power conditioner (Furman IT Reference i20), according to his measurements. I will experiment with placement of the two Flux filters when my new PS Audio P12 arrives: one on the IEC inlet on the P12 and another on either server/streamer, DAC or amp, and both after the P12.
Trond
Yes unfortunately I can't put one in front of my Furman 20I due to it being a 20amp input and I'm using a 20amp Shunyata hc cord. I would think the entire front end would benefit if I could do that. I could plug my other components into my pre's ac accessory panel but that's easier said than done moving all those cords.
The emi meter also provided some surprises on the back of my Furman's bank of outlets as they vary in emi noise. The surprise was the high current outlet putting out a bit less emi than the more filtered outlets Even more surprises came when measuring various circuits equipped with PS noise harvesters and quietlines.