View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Hi Charles,
Did you ever try other brands of subwoofers with the Wilson Audion speakers in your setup?

Personally I have tried REL and JL Audio models with WA speakers. I am not keep to explore with WA subwoofers as the design is passive (i.e. additional amplifiers are needed) and I am not motivated to add others components.
Currently I am using 2 pieces of JL Audio F212 V2 for my XVX speakers and I am happy with the performance.

It will be great to learn from you, especially the subwoofer performance differences between WA and other brands.

Thank you.
STC thanks for the question. The answer is no because I think the Wilson subs probably work better with their speakers. However, I think other subs would also work well, especially with Sabrina or Yvette. The key is the quality of the sub and the JL sub is a quality sub. I would assume if you went with the Subsonics for your XVX, you would be looking at significantly over 120,000.00 because I have about 63,000.00 with my mono Thor. A Wilson sub system is extremely expensive.

I was surprised at the difference the speaker cables made. Wilson subs need big amps even though they are quite efficient. So if you want the best result with your XVX, I'd go with stereo Subsonics. I think you would be very happy with stereo Thors too and save some money.

But JL makes a fine sub. So does Rel. I suspect you would be very happy with either.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 07-21-2020 at 05:20 AM.