View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBoy View Post
I read about this on Jeff Day's blog "Jeff's Place". I got the 8402 IC's assembled from Best-Tronics Manufacturing in Chicago and have been using them for a couple of weeks. $120 for 2 one meter pairs shipped. My ears agree with Jeff's opinion. I just hooked up the WE 14ga wire to my speakers. It needs to settle in but I can tell it's not going anywhere. The 16ga is no longer available.

Dueland now has a similar 14ga wire that is $9.95 a meter from Parts Connexion. It is supposed to be better that the WE that I paid $2 a foot for. If I did not have the WE I'd have gone for the Dueland. Oh, the wire is not manufactured by WE but made to their specs, which are not hi-tech, by a wire company in Rhode Island. It's simply 26 strands of tinned copper wire.

Wire does make a difference but price and performance are not always directly proportional. If you are thinking about cables check out the blog. YMMV.
Along similar lines, Omega Loudspeakers has long used Supra stranded cable for internal wiring. This is - you guessed it - tin-plated copper stranded wire in a PE sheath. The 15ga runs about a dollar a foot from Madisound. It would appear that there is some real value in the tin-plated copper wire.