View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 AM

Ok, the BDP-95 arrived yesterday. On opening the package, I was instantly reminded of Apple's superior packaging. This thing looked too nice in it's fancy, antistat bag.

I didn't get to start the task of installing it in the rack until 9:30pm and fired it up about an hour later. My back is killing me from moving the rack away from the wall.

I put in The Dark Knight as the first go. WOW !! My dog, who has become accustomed to my loud music bolted from the room with the first gunshots. She's 14 years old and going deaf ... or at least selectively deaf because she ignores me when she feels like it.

Next up was Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" SACD. I'm completely impressed with what I'm hearing. Very cool. Two thumbs up to Oppo.

Now I need some cable management work. What was a very organized cable arrangement is now a disaster. I had to cut a ton of wire ties to move things around. I think the velcro things are going in next so I can adjust as necessary.

Anyone program the BDP-95 into the Universal Remote MX-850? I'll be tackling that this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who talked up the Oppo Players and led me to them.

Jack