View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uberoller View Post
By the way Serge, you were the one who came up with the idea for the MCD500 according to your post on AK No wonder you are the oracle
Well, there is no doubt in the Oracle's mind that McIntosh will follow the same path with minimum phase "MP" filter in their future products, I think many if not most will. It just seems to close the gap and merge the vinyl and digital camp much closer together. I already hear what I heard on some of the best vinyl rigs I've experienced with the MP filter save for still a bit more palpability and 3-dimensionality of a serious analog rig.

Just like some of the better solid state amps have just about closed the gap on the argument of what is better, tubes or solid state. You can have the rich, harmonic structure of a good to great tube amp with none of the limitations of frequency extremes and the control and grip of solid state. The Lamm's are that as are a few other amps out there, even the Ayre MX-Rs are more liquid sounding these days than your typical SS amp of yesterday.