View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 06:18 PM

Post Saturday May 18, 2019 Delivery pictures of the RS3 in "Tango-Red-Metallic" ...

Sunday May 19th 2019
Just completed editing all the 76 pictures I originally took yesterday.
I got it down to 33 total pictures to post for you guys.
I think what you'll see will tell the complete story on yesterday.
Especially for anyone that has no idea what the Audi RS3 Sports Sedan is all about in general.

I think I should say something 1st before posting the pictures below.
Cathy (Wife) loves the RS3 more than any other car I have owned and guys that covers a lot of cars.
She loves the Red exterior color and the Black & Red (Highlighted) interior.
The one thing that both of us instantly noticed was it's size.
It's a small sedan guys and very-very much like her Golf R inside as far as space.
Exterior wise the RS3 honestly seems to be a smaller car than the Golf R.
We agreed the reason being the RS3 is a sedan with a trunk.
The Golf R sitting to the right of the RS3 is a (Hatchback) and very much reminds us of a small SUV in looks.
Personally as soon as we walked up to it on the showroom floor I knew I was totally 100% in.
And then we opened the front doors and both of us got in.
Shut the doors and both of us immediately said this is a (Perfect) size very much like the Golf R we have now had two years.
Oh, let me not forget to mention adjusting the Rear-View-Mirror and when I did and looked at it to the rear.
Guys, there is NO-Blockage anywhere at all in the Rear-Window Area !!!
The EURO rear-head-rest was a smart decision for a FACT.
Let's see, the exterior of it looks to me and her perfect with Zero-Complaints.
The interior is to us simply, Outstanding in all respects guys.
The fit & finish is perfect and the Red & Black in it just further emphasizes the exterior.
Let me not overlook saying something about all the Technology.
The Huge Driver Display guys is KILLER and Super-Easy-to-See & Read.
If your even a little concerned/worried, bothered and seriously wondering is that Pop-Up dash Display going to be a DISASTER ???
No it is not as you have to look to the right to actually totally VIEW it while driving.
I now understand why Audi or any other manufacturer didn't throw an absolute fit when the FEDS stepped in and said it (Stays-UP) if car is running.
One more comment, I think many of us worry about that sort of thing as we simply just don't know really what to expect.
Well, guys put your minds at rest as it simply is No-Big-Deal at all.

As far as actually driving it and what I came away with ???
Speaking just for myself and not even remotely trying to tell someone else what to think.
I may have driven it 30-miles, maybe.
So it should be obvious to anyone what could I really say with it being a brand new car and my limited time in the driver's seat ???
I made sure before I pulled out from Audi Nashville that it was in, Dynamic & Sport modes.
Where I live we thankfully don't have screwed up streets, roads, or interstates.
More than likely I'll drive mine 90-Plus Percent of the time in those two modes.
I could constantly hear the engine as it was always at higher RPMs with those settings.
I could in general hear the exhaust and in some cases hear the street pavement according to it's surface.
I could (Easily) hear the exhaust as it went through the gears BOTH Up & Down shifting.
You could Definitely Hear it (The Exhaust) as it Down-Shifted coming to a stop which most guys I think would love.
I had my buddy Tom Cochran on the phone for sometime while we were driving it.
So, just for the heck of it I NAILED-IT to the floor in maybe 2nd or 3rd gear and took it to like 7,000 RPM once.
I said Tom that was 7K buddy and it does it instantly ..............
He did hear it doing it's thing as I was talking with him on the RS3's phone.
BTW, it was hottttttt yesterday so we had the windows-up and everything I said above was with the windows up.
It's brakes I really like and they to me feel GREAT.
I didn't have any reason to stand on them but in normal Stop & Go traffic they feel GREAT to me.

I'm thinking some of you might wonder how is it as far as taking off from a stop ???
This is what I observed guys .........
I obviously didn't Grand-Slam it from a Stop so let's all get past that sort of thing.
However IMO guys, it does seem to me to have a pause, when touching the gas according to what gear it's in and what RPM the engine is at.
And there is No-Way in hell that me or anyone else I don't think can put it in to exact wording to totally 100% describe that.
Also, for those interested, it does NOT even with it in Dynamic & Sport Modes with (Moderate) throttle take-off like a NON-Turbo-Car.
It's just simply the way it is if your in bumper to bumper traffic and driving there is some Pause/Hesitation driving it normal.
I think now after driving it myself I understand what the fellow that did the 1st video on You-tube was referring to between the S-Model versus the RS3.
To him it seemed the RS3 was NOT all that Quick/Responsive if driving much more normal.
So, let me say what I think on what I said and he said regarding the above with the RS3.
I think once it's actually got some real miles on it where you can drive it as you please.
And you just go ahead from a stop as aggressive as you like the above will not be an issue.
But, guys, this is NOT a Muscle-Car like the Challenger Hellcat I traded in on the RS3.
The Hellcat from a stop has ZERO hesitation period but it's totally two different engines and drive-trains.
I'm not trying to Bust any one's balls on here and I sure hope No-One thinks I don't love my newly acquired RS3.
I love it and will continue to more so after it and I have time with one another so I totally know how it behaves and then I drive it accordingly.

Okay in the pictures below I gave it a lot of thought to what another person would want to see if ???????
They did not ever drive, see any RS3 in person like myself.
I hope I chose the right things so a new person to the RS3 will totally appreciate it as BOTH myself & my Wife Cathy.

The actual Pictures:

Left to Right
Trey Lee (Salesman), Me, Cathy (Wife) & Robert Hartman (General Manager)
Audi Nashville

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

This is Betty one of the Receptionist.

Your guy doing his thing and YES I was (Smiling) ...

Here we go guys now looking at the Huge Driver's Display.
Your seeing the Navigation and it's GREAT.

The Dash Pop-Up Display again showing the Navigation.

A quick view of the Center-Console area.

This next series of pictures is for my Buddy Tom Cochran.
And of course any other Audi World member.
These will show one of the most Totally Outstanding (Safety) features for some of us.
Especially those of us that happen to live in Heavy Traffic and Bumper to Bumper traffic.

Here comes the vehicle in the rear driver's side see it in the driver's mirror ???
Look at the Driver's Side Mirror with the BRIGHTLY Lit (YELLOW/AMBER) WARNING LEDS.

Notice now where that approaching SUV is in the mirror ???
It's right at the rear of the RS3.

Look right beside the RS3 there is that SUV going by.

Well it just seemed like I should also share the RS3 in it's assigned garage space.
Notice the space between the RS3 and Cathy's Golf R.

​​​​​​​Cathy just returned from Publix doing the grocery shopping thing for us for next week.

Below are some of the Gifts from Audi Nashville to me.

And just in-case we might drop the darn keys to it these were also provided by Audi Nashville.

Hope you found this post of some interest guys,
Terry
​​​​​​

My 2019 RS3 in"Tango Red Metallic"arrived May 14, 2019 at Audi Nashville.
VIN WUABWGFFXKA900626

Click on link below for my 2019 RS3 order.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...019-a-2965136/

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html