View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
Hi Dan - great read. As you may have read elsewhere I am just getting into the digital streaming stuff as I prefere Vinyl (as Medium).

My digital till now consisted of a simple Moon Neo 260 Transport into the McIntosh C52 integrated.

By chance I got a bargain on an Auralic Aries LE with SBooster Power Supply - so I started experimenting with Tidal.

I have now started ripping some CDs and compared the ripped files via Auralic to the CD playback via Moon.

First impression is the difference is minimal (if there at all).

Thus I considered to (maybe) switch to streaming only for digital and wondered if there was room for improvement.

Users have suggested the Schiit and your review (great read by the way).

As you also seem familiar with McIntosh I was wondering what you would think about upgrading and abandoning the C52s integrated DAC for the Schiit.

Do you think it would make a noticeable improvement?

It‘d be really great to hear your thoughts.

They don‘t have distribution over here in Germany I think - but just across the boarder in the Netherlands I could put my hand on one.

All the best from „across the pond“ !!!

Enjoy the music ✌️

Christoph, there is a European Schiit distribution centre.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables