View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I haven't tried a Transparent PIMM...so no comment there...curious what others chime in with..
Here are the results of my trials with one Transparent PIMM (two outlets):

1 - No PIMM at all in the system: the soundstage was smaller with reduced depth and less overall definition.
2 - The amplifier (ARC D70MkII) plugged alone into the PIMM: slightly more sound texture especially on voices.
3 - The preamplifier (ARC LS17SE) plugged alone into the PIMM: greater dynamic range and slightly more definition.
4 - The CD player (Classe Audio CDP100) plugged alone into the PIMM: much wider and deeper stage, much more definition with more clarity and less background noise bringing small details and slight nuances to a listenable level, deep bass with a lot of presence and control which generates more musical involvement.

I also tried to plug the amp and preamp together into the PIMM, as well as the preamp and the CD player together, but these couplings never reached the soundstage and the definition performed with the CD player plugged alone into the PIMM.

I ended with one PIMM for the CD player alone and a second PIMM for the preamp alone, the amp being directly plugged to the main power.

Bertrand