View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post

Revel & JBL are part of the Harmon International? Believe all of their products, other than Mark Levinson, which seems to be hanging in there in CT, are built in Asia (not necessarily China).

Indeed, they are Harman subsidiaries. Dr. Harman sold JBL to Beatrice and then re-acquired it in the early '80s as I recall. Revel has been a part of the Harman empire for well over a decade, if not longer.

JBL branded products are manufactured in any number of locations but many items including higher end products like (but not limited to) 4" voice coil compression drivers are made in Mexico. Levinson is still advertised as made in the USA. As far as I know (unless that's changed in the last couple of years) Crown's higher end amplifiers are also still made here (Indiana). As mentioned, I believe Revel cabinets are made in Indonesia. Harman also manufactures some pro items Soundcraft) in the UK, AKG in Austria , and owns factories in Taiwan as well as sourcing in China. I would not be surprised to learn that they manufacture given items in virtually any part of the world as their various needs dictate.

Last edited by Pampero; 04-14-2016 at 08:39 AM.