View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 PM

I have 802 D3 in a room smaller than that, the tweeters are only 5 feet apart.

The sound is great, all the incredible clairity, detail, and characteristics of the speakers are there.

The sound Stage fills the space completely, of course the soundstage would be bigger in a bigger room.

The Imaging is great as far as the three-dimensionality of the sound, and the separation of each instrument, but the instruments are a little bit squashed because the speakers are close together. So you won't really get the proper spacing of each individual instrument, but other than that I have to say there's not much too complain about.

And of course as mention by Fonzy, properly treating the room will be very important. I use the treatments by Acoustimac with the Owens Corning 703 insulation, very affordable, very professional looking, and they work great.

So I absolutely do not regret my decision one bit, and would definitely go with the 802 D3 if funds allow. I was very hesitant at first too, but my dealer said trust me you will not regret it, and he was 100% absolutely correct.
B&W 802 D3 | McIntosh C500T | McIntosh MC601 | McIntosh MEN220 | McIntosh MPC500 | Oppo BDP-105 | AQ Fire XLRs | AQ NRG-1000 Power Cords | AQ Diamond Ethernet Cables | Straightwire Virtuoso H speaker cables

Last edited by KaliKid2013; 02-09-2018 at 10:11 PM.