View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor

What other cables have you tried with the Lamm?
I haven't tried many cables, because the IC run that I need is at least 15 feet. Therefore, I was in a bit of a quandary. I wanted to try:

Kubala-Sosna
Purist Audio - this is what Vladimir uses
Shunyata Zitron
MIT
Transparent

It became an exercise in futility to find a 15 foot run of balanced ICs from each cable manufacturer. Not to mention cost prohibitive. So my experience is limited to the cables that I've owned up to this point - Analysis Plus Silver Ovals. They are good, but left me wanting. After speaking at length to Peter McGrath of Wilson, Debb - the daughter of Dave Wilson, Larry Marcus of Paragon Sight & Sound, and a number of others, I decided to try Transparent. It all came together when Larry had a set of 25 foot balanced Transparent Reference MM1 ICs in stock. I tried 'em, and I'm staying. It answers everything I've been looking for from my system. The enveloping soundstage, the pinpoint imaging, the seductive midrange, the angelic highs, the furniture moving bass is all there in abundance. The emotional connection that I've been searching for - I've found. Now maybe at some point I'll be inclined to try something else. But for the foreseeable future, I'm staying put.

Last edited by thesaint519; 06-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.