View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Installing a dedicated line will not isolate it from the noise on the rest of the household system.
You mentioned isolation transformers- those may help.
Keep in mind that most electricians don't know squat about hi-fi. I'm sure there is somebody else with more knowledge of electricity than me who can weigh in on this but:
find out which leg is cleaner and use that;
I did a separate subpanel, which cuts in before the main breaker box;
I have an additional grounding rod;
make sure the lines are correctly phase oriented all the way up.
think about equipment layout, and future reconfiguration possibilities, when you have the outlets placed- far easier to do now, than later;
if you are running a bunch of dedicated lines, don't bundle them together in the routing;
also, think about grounding between the outlets- and here you'll need more input from others- there is a grounding differential between each of my outlets that can reveal itself as 60hz hum over my horn system, which is very efficient (+104db). There are various external 'star' grounding systems for components that work with varying degrees of success and range from cheap to crazy expensive. This is the reason why, at least in the UK, they seem to prefer to run everything from one outlet (but they traditionally weren't running monster power amps over there).
Good luck. It will make a noticeable difference.