View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 09:34 PM

Default Update

An update on the Sierra 2s after having time with them. I wanted to get a bit of something in before I get the new Bryston pre-amp and amp in the system. That will change everything.

Bottom line it I am impressed with the Sierra 2s, and know I will be happy with these in my system for years. All the internet hype around these is real, as far as I am concerned. If the Ascend Acoustics community insular due to the online sales, they definitely know how to appreciate great monitors.

Having had a couple of months with these, the initial impression as to build quality has not failed. They are solid as a rock. Today I was walking about the room while music was playing at full volume, and decided to ever so gently feel the cabinet to see if I could vibrations on the bamboo. Minimal to none to my perception. Outstanding driver isolation with the cabinet build.

The frequency response printouts for each monitor do not lie. The response is incredibly flat, which is how I like it. This allows musicality of the original recording to shine through uncolored. Additionally, the speakers are very detailed and resolving from bass to mids to highs. Vocals in particular are very clear. I have tried various genres and volume levels. I have yet to be disappointed, except by poor recordings... which are easier to spot now. And, good recordings ar every good with these monitors. This has been true from the beginning, and these seem to require little to not burn-in.

Being monitors, the bass has limits. I have them paired with a small sub for my small room, expecting this. The REL T-zero pairs well, blends eemlessless when dialed in. Other than that, which is expected, I cannot find any holes to report.

At the price point, these are phenomenal monitors, from a reliable company, with great customer service. My thanks to Dave Fabrikant for his attention to his craft, and making these enjoyable speakers available.

You really can’t go wrong with the Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s.

If I notice anything new with the system change I will certainly add more.

Best,
Shrinky