View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
... further I now added a test abo with (lossless?) Tidal. First there is no noticable difference between Apple Music and Tidal to me - sometimes I even prefer the Apple Music playback (which I find strange as from what I understand Apple Music has lower quality than Tidal?)… More important though - none came close to Vinyl. CD was also superior. Of course the quality of my hardware is way higher with my analoge setup - so its really not a fair or serious compare - just thought I‘d share my impressions though...
You haven't given us quite enough information to put your thoughts into context. When you say "Apple Music", I assume you mean compressed files. Unless you're at least using 16/44 files in a lossless format, such as AIFF if you're an Apple guy, you are never going to get decent sound. Also, what DAC are you using?