View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM

The holes for the feet are always a good idea for future use... even if you are not going to add the feet now.
On Amazon, sadly they do not offer many with options for getting the holes and inserts for the feet. But if you order direct from the company website you can order them with one of several sorts of cones or soft inserts.
All my on floor Butcher Block acoustics blocks I just use old "Tip Toes' cones I had laying around anyway.
For the ones on shelves I mostly used small bits of thin 70 Duro sorbothan under the corners.
For my ones under my turntables I used the free cork/rubber sandwich pads offer free with the boards on Amazon, but cut in half
(since I bought twenty, I have a huge stack of those free pads just laying around.) I like the amp on doubled up butcher blocks, ditto the TTs.

As for the difference in the Walnut vs Maple. There is a difference. it is subtle. I cannot say one is better. They are each better sometimes...

For my Kuzma I have an under Maple with a Walnut on top. For the Rega I have the same size Maple under, with a same size as the other but in Maple.
For all power stuff I used Maple. For all source and preamps I used Walnut.
Also the things for footers... OEM equipment feet, added footers, Ebony, wood pen blanks (3/4 square and 5 inches long, all sorts of woods, Walnut, Cocobolo, Mpingo, Kingwood, Ipo, Katalox..Wenge is my current fav. Still experimenting with those flavors.