View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 07:14 PM

It has been awhile.
I now have more butcher blocks in the system. All the main rack shelves have Walnut full size (fits the glass exact) 22" by 16" and 1 3/4 thick.

The main thing I have been experimenting with are what is under the OEM feet, or instead of the OEM feet. Mostly relatively inexpensive Ebony points and bases, Got some larger points with a rounded tip for use without a saucer. The big problem with those in a lot of positions is they enhance the upper frequencies and detail, at the expense of the midrange. But at this point I am only looking for a full around improvement. Less add this to take away that.
Latest plaything... piles of exotic wood 'pen blanks' (exotic wood, generally 3/4" or so square shank and 5" or 6" long (used to make 'pens'. The come in various sorts of groupings, various quality. So far Cocobolo wood is the most interesting. Under the OEM feet on the Threshold FET10(which sits on top of the FET10 phono box.Finally an enhanced ALL AROUND sound. Alright!
Also trying them as "vibration assistants" .. just laying them on top of the equipment cabinets!