View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 02:16 PM

I am using a Cybershaft Ultra-Premium dual master-clock that has both Rubidium and an extremely good OCXO circuit; the clock is 10 Mhz/50-ohm only but of exceptional quality. It's price point is also proportional to what a good clock does and not $7K-$20K like those from Esoteric, SRS, Antelope, etc.... I use it to drive the 10 Mhz inputs on my D-02 and have the D-02 set to "MCLK" into the P-02. Of all the permutations (44.1 multiples, "THRU", MCLK, etc...) this combination yielded the best musical results and imaging/naturalness of presentation.

At first I utilized a typical audio-grade 75-ohm cable I had on hand on the 10 Mhz circuit from the Cybershaft to the , per so many threads out there say it would be no problem on a 50-ohm circuit. Kubala-Sosna Emotion 75-ohm was also used on the 75-ohm connection between my D-02 and P-02 as had been the case for some time (and back to my P-03U and D-03 combo).

I also ordered an very inexpensive 50-ohm spec-compliant cable off Amazon believe it or not. The results were very surprising; the sound stage opened up in all 3 dimensions even further and all the notes and imaging were much more 'musically right'. I've not looked back and am using a custom-built Kubala Emotion level 50-ohm cable that Joe built for me. There IS a difference in using a pure-breed 50-ohm cable on a 10 Mhz circuit when one is called for; I'd highly recommend going that route versus an adapter as 50-ohm specs apply to the conductors as well as the connector if memory serves.