View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Welcome. Good to hear you spend your time in the lab versus wasting it on the Internet.

There aren't many companies and products I rave about, but I rave about Shunyata every chance I get. In fact, your products have completely changed my thinking about audio and video. I now consider power to be the foundation of a system, and the better the foundation, the better the system. I cannot believe the performance I have achieved with my modest gear by adding your products.

Two weeks ago I removed the hard-wired power cord on my 2004 Hitachi 57" digital monitor, and added a Furtech IEC connector so I could upgrade the power cord with a Ztron Cobra. Additionally, I added a SR-Z1 outlet, and a 2 port Hydra for the TV. This, along with adding a Hydra AV and a Ztron Python to the HT electronics, has bought my HT to a higher level. The picture, and sound, is now so much better. It amazes me how adding power components has such a positive effect. The rest of the HT equipment rack uses 2 Ztron Cobra cords, and Venom cords.

The reason why I bought that gear for the HT was due to the positive experience I had with Shunyata in my two channel system. That consists of a Ztron Ananconda powering a Triton. The Triton powers 4 Ztron Cobras, and 2 Python CX cords. Both the HT and the two-channel system are on dedicated 20 amp circuits with SR-Z1 outlets.

The rest of the two-channel system is three pair of Ztron Anaconda balanced inter-connects, and a pair of Ztron Anaconda speaker cables.

Thank you for making my life better in regard to music and movies.
Blue Fox, thank you for using our products.
Just as the room and speaker define the fundamental acoustic response "potential" of a system, the power system determines the "potential" for the electrical devices in your system. One fundamental principle to remember is that power compenents in the system are generally a negative. This means that the wall wiring, outlet, power cords and power distributors ALL degrade system performance to some degree. Replacing each of these with a superior version decreases the relative negative by a certain percentage or degree. The key to improving power system performance is to approach it with an overall sytem analysis point of view and to identify the "weakest" link in the power system. Addressing the weakest link will give you the biggest relative improvement and most bang for the buck.

This explains why one person may replace a power cord and wax poetic about the improvement while another person may use the same cord and hear little to nothing. In the first person's system who has a good dedicated power line and a good power distributor, the power cord upgrade can be easily heard while the second person's system may have a loose connection in the wall outlet or they are using a power strip that has poor DTCD performance. This chokes current delivery and limits or masks the potential improvement of the power cord. Sometimes the biggest improvement to performance costs little to nothing by simply checking the wiring connections at the outlet and at the electrical panel. Naturally you should have an electrician do this if you are not knowlegeable and confident.

cg