View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 08:55 PM

To each his own I guess. My personal experience is the opposite and I noticed a marked improvement in going from 2 speaker cables to a biwired version. Having said that, I made a significant jump from my prior Kimber cables to Wireworld Gold’s so that plays into it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardJ View Post
Thanks for your comments!
My experiences regarding biwiring is somewhat different from yours. Biwired cables are often just single end cables with a split at one end, not different from single ended with a jumper of the same quality as the single end cable.
This is also in agreement with the answer I got from Ivan regarding my question: “What is better: biwire cable or single ended with jumper?” Ivan’s answer: “... it really comes down to personal preference.” So not really SQ issue!
It is quite a different ball game when using 2 sets of speaker cables. That is also what Ivan tried and posted about post on 12-24-2016: “TAD R1's get Dual runs of WW Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cables” . He reported: “My initial listening impressions are quite favorable. I like what I'm hearing, more dynamics and detail. Both Rich & Mitch also concur, this was a worthwhile upgrade.”
This is also my experience when I did an experiment using my old MIT M-770 cable for Low in combination with my WW Silver Eclipse 7 for High on my TAD-E1. Even with this somewhat uneven combination the increase in detail and dynamics was impressive and with also a much larger soundstage!
So I am very curious what 2 sets of WW can bring and also if combination with version 8 could be used.
Sources: Linn Klimax DS, Kaleidescape Strato S Amps: MC452 & MC301 Speakers/Subs: Sonus Faber Olympica III’s & Nova CII in Wenge, 2 x JL Fathom 112's w/ Sound Anchor stands Pre/Pro: C1100, MX122 Power: PS Audio P10 Cables: Center speaker-Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8, L/R Speakers-Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7, Kimber Palladian Power Cables, Kimber KS1126 Interconnects Misc: Furutech Flux 50 NSF, Furutech GTX-D NSF outlets, Furutech Boosters