View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 03:26 PM

Hi Livestrong

Very nice setup with McIntosh, Tannoy and vinyl. Congrats!

I have had those exact same cherry Tannoy DC10Ts in my system for some time now and have enjoyed them very much with my Vac amplification and TW Acustic vinyl setup.

I don't think they are the last word in airiness, resolution or absolute bass control but they are a bargain and have a coherence, natural presentation and compelling liveliness (toe tapping/magnetic draw in, etc) that trumps obsession with those other qualities for me. I would have to agree with Alberto in his use of the term "delicious" for Tannoy. I have heard another fellow describe them as delivering goosebumps and that is not far off either. They are fun speakers and just sound like real music in live venues to me.

I may be looking at Rockport Atria or Magico S3 for a change of pace and potential move up at some point in the future, but I honestly could live with these Tannoys for a long time with no regrets. After having them for a couple of years now, I still enjoy them that much. I am off to New Orleans soon for a little vacation and cued up Allen Touissaint's The Bright Mississippi vinyl for a little pre-trip visualization for New Orleans jazz - thought I was there already!

Happy listening.

Jim