View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 03:42 PM

ONE CABLE.

In my treated room I never felt I was getting the full potential of my system. My system consists of the following: Magico S3 speakers, MSB S200 power amp, MSB The Analog DAC (w/Premium Quad USB module and upgraded Power Base), Aurender X100. For power I have two 30amp dedicated lines, Analysis-Plus PS-6 passive power conditioner, MSB Isolation Base, Shunyata Alpha and Sigma power cables. Signal cables are Analysis-Plus BSO speaker cable and Silver Oval-In interconnects. Room treatments are from GIK and Stillpoints. Vibration control is Stillpoints and Mapleshade.

The one part of my system that always concerned me was my JCAT USB. A "Greatest Bits" reviewed cable from an online resource, I have used the JCAT for about two years in my system. Decent enough cable with a very rich midrange.

After months of research on what the USB cable actually does, I began my search for a proper USB cable and Ivan (absolutely stellar service) supplied me with the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB cable. This ONE CABLE was the final piece of the puzzle for me. Before the WW, certain instruments would scare me away, such as closely mic piano. Horns at the back of the stage would move too close to the front and the fore/aft separation of the stage was a bit ambiguous. The WW PS7 USB promptly put an end to of that nonsense.

With the WW PS7 in the system, the sound stage grew in all directions and became so clearly layer front to back that it make my small listening room (10.5' x 14.5') sound enormous (including height). Brass instruments that should stay at the back of the stage now stay put, regardless of volume.

The PS7 is also very neutral. The tonality of the system improve to the point of revealing instruments that were once totally obscured; the additional instrumental colors are very enjoyable now having been revealed. I do believe that the over ripe midrange on the JCAT was partially responsible for some this poor behavior in my system.

The air and resolution was also improved to a very satisfying degree. It is now possible to hear very deeply into the mix while also hearing the the room from recording venue. This is important b/c it allows you to leave your listening room and join the performers wherever they are (to the studio or Kingsway Hall).

Also, unexpectedly, the punch, speed, and texture of the bass now more firmly grounds the music and reveals just how much is really happening down low.

This ONE CABLE allowed this to happen with my system. The final piece of the puzzle. I knew that my system had the potential to reach this convincing level of musical involvement and now I'm finally there (relatively speaking anyway).

So, yes, the WW PS7 is truly and Amazing USB cable.

Martin

Last edited by mdavis; 12-27-2016 at 05:56 PM.