View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
I just spent the morning with Jim Smith at his home in near Atlanta. What he has been able to do with his system has left me nothing short of stunned. I have heard much more expensive setups, but never anything i found more emotionaly engaging, or enjoyable to listen to. I could have changed my flight, and listened into the wee hours of the morning if he had let me.
After spending some time talking, I have decided to build a dedicated 2 Ch room, as opposed to my multi purpose room. I will be consulting with him as to how to proceed with construction, and size/shape of the room. I have heard today what I was not sure could be achieved, and will haunt me for some time to come.
Cool.....good to hear! I did the same thing before I had Jim come to my house and perform his room play. I felt much the same way about his system that you did.......seen much more expensive setups but his really brought out the life in the music. It just sounded incredibly realistic. Designing a 2 channel room really is the way to go for a dedicated setup, you won't be sorry!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3