View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 10:05 AM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
At last years RMAF, I was consistently smitten by the sound of the YG Acoustics speakers that were being demo'd in a few of the rooms. Every now and then I venture to Audiogon to sneak a peek and found this listing.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/li...1-3-full-range

I keep thinking someone is going to get a fabulous pair of speakers for a fraction of their original price. But alas, it won't be yours truly.
I'm kind of torn on YG speakers, I've heard them sound amazing and not so great.....which I guess you could say about anyone's speakers given the right conditions. I would love to hear them in a person's audio room rather than at a show. I'm also not a huge fan of their look....I'd still take sound over aesthetics any day, but I've seen many pictures of YG systems and I just think they look a little odd in most people's rooms.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3