View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 04:13 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
MO the YGXV are plainly better than the XLF/Thor combination -- with all types of music.
Playing devil's advocate here......when you have or compare two state of the art systems such as these, what are the criteria to determine whether one system is plainly better than the other? I've listened to tons of state of the art systems at dealers and at shows and I've seen that when you reach a certain price point, it tends to be slightly different flavors rather than flat out "way better". I've also found (especially at shows) that it's sometimes hard to reconcile quanitity (i.e. extremely low bass) vs. quality. Anyway, I don't doubt that the XV system is up there in the top tier of state of the art but it's hard to believe that it would be "plainly" better than the comparable Wilson system.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3