View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Default DX-5 DSD upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
I have a QX-5 and C-5xeMP in one of my setups, and propose to replace an Esoteric SA-60 in another setup with a DX-5 DSD. But can Roon send files to a DX-5? I'm running Roon on a Mac Mini that sends files to the QX-5 via ethernet. I'd also like to run Roon on my iMac and send files to the DX-5 via USB. The iMac is on the ethernet as well. Anyone using Roon to send files to a DX-5?

db

If I understand your question. You run Roon Core on iMac mini and use Ayre QX5 as a Roon endpoint in one system. The QX5 is Roon Ready meaning the Roon core sees it and can communicate with it using RAAT to send music files directly to the QX5.

You would also like to run an iMac in another room as a Roon bridge which is doable. A Roon Bridge functions much like a Roon Ready endpoint in that the Roon Core sees it as and audio output option and can send files to it. You want to output the Roon bridge Audio output from the iMac to the DX5 via usb cable which should also be doable if setup correctly with the right drivers. The DX5 can be fed digital signals via USB. That connection has nothing to do with Roon as it is just receiving digital output signals

I believe the DX5 is limited to 24/192k pcm over usb but will also accept DSD over USB

Last edited by enatai252; 01-04-2018 at 07:16 PM.