View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orosie View Post
Could not be more true...
In the pro universe nobody would ever think of running a multi way/multi amplifier system without an electronic crossover. But in the high fidelity world, they sell us subs with half of the crossover but not the other half. It's a marketing decision that reduces the owner's ability to do an accurate implementation of the product without additional expense entailed.

Ten years ago (well, maybe fifteen) you could source analog crossovers, with balanced connections as well, from an array of manufacturers at any price level you were prepared for. It's become impossible to find a quality analog crossover in the pro universe as they've all gone digital with every conceivable management feature including PEQ, delays, each with a full battery of mix or match filter slopes and crossover points. In hifi, if you want balanced connections, I think it's pretty much Bryston and JLA. I'd like either of those, would probably buy a JLA because I believe it's more cost effective. But that's for another time.

I wish they included the high pass leg when they sold you the sub. It would make things so much easier.