View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 03:52 PM

Lightbulb From Germany with love

Quote:
Originally Posted by restock View Post
I am pretty sure I read on a German forum that the laser is off during regular operation with no CD and during DAC operation. I would check with Accuphase directly to clarify.
The information i got is from German forum quoting PIA, international larget distributor outside Japan.

“The disadvantage of CD players is still that they do not switch off the laser if it is only used as a DAA converter.

Hello Hans,
Is it hearsay or do you have specific information about it?

Jörg
Quote jororupp from post # 10
Yes, that is the current state of the art from PIA. I don't understand either. Indeed, it would be easy to solve. And such obvious artificial aging is actually not the style of the house...”

Note : laser diode life from 7000 to 10,000 hours continuous use <Non-officially acknowledged hours rating from a MAJOR CD/LD player manufacture>

This is a light bulb in a sense and all light sources will eventually degrade.

Best would be to ask distributor or direct Accuphase Japan ...

You have to have great music in yourself if you want to make life dance. Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Masterlu; 12-10-2020 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Links to other forums are against our rules. In addition only English posts are permitted.