View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 04:03 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Thanks to all. It's been a long trek but it was worth it. The old Thor was a demo and while I believe it was working perfectly, I am very glad to have a new one to match the XVX. The new one definitely sounds better. This is no surprise to me. The system looks complete; and it is!

ps. One of the minor improvements we made was to position the new Thor as equidistant as possible between the XVX. The old Thor experienced a Maxx3 and Alexx, both of which had minor differences in location. I seriously doubt this makes any audible difference, though.

Best

Charles
Hi Charles,
Did you ever try other brands of subwoofers with the Wilson Audion speakers in your setup?

Personally I have tried REL and JL Audio models with WA speakers. I am not keep to explore with WA subwoofers as the design is passive (i.e. additional amplifiers are needed) and I am not motivated to add others components.
Currently I am using 2 pieces of JL Audio F212 V2 for my XVX speakers and I am happy with the performance.

It will be great to learn from you, especially the subwoofer performance differences between WA and other brands.

Thank you.