Thread: Audio Journey
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:08 PM

Default Audio Journey

I joined Audio Aficionado a couple of days ago and thought I’d say hello and share my audio journey over the past 6 months.

I have always been into home theater and around Christmas I got the itch to setup a small 2 channel system and bought a Parasound JC2 BP, A21, and KEF LS50’s. I thought I would be content for a while as I really enjoyed the sound. Well that didn’t last more than a month or two, when I decided my speakers were holding me back and replaced the LS50’s with Focal 1028BE’s. Within a month of the speaker replacement I decided to try tubes and bought a PrimaLuna DiagLogue Premium preamp and DiaLogue Premium HP amp. While I like the PrimaLuna, I didn’t love it. The biggest problem I had through all of this is I couldn’t stop searching and looking at McIntosh as I’ve always be intrigued by the brand. So, I decided to replace the PrimaLuna with a C2300 and MC275. I love the C2300, however I still struggled with the MC275 sound and have decided I’m just not a tube amp guy and picked up an MC302. I’m happy to announce my audio journey is over as I absolutely love the C2300 and MC302 with Focal’s.

In hide sight I should have just bought McIntosh to start! Anyway, thanks for reading.

Did someone say they have an MC452 for sale? Just Kidding

Last edited by knecht; 05-18-2018 at 03:48 PM.