View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
I think you may be correct ... Thanks!
I couldn't help but notice you have the BAT VK-655SE ... how are you liking that bad boy? I've read a lot of great things about it but never got a chance to listen to it. Now that I really am liking the Rex II down the road I may look into a pair of those as system synergies could be at play. Any thoughts? I was also thinking about a pair of the Rex II amps but I'm afraid those might run out of steam with my listening habits!

George
I'm liking it a lot! It has a lot of grunt, it's sumptuous, has infinite dynamics and tonally speaking is very luxuriant. The bass hits down low with amazing detail and speed! It's not bright and it doesn't have the best soundstage in the world but I can't complain. A few downsides: it's big, it's hot, it's heavy and it needs two power cords. And it's very transparent (sensitive if you want) to power cords so you have to dig deep and twofold into your pockets to be happy!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple MacMini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 03:51 PM.