View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:09 PM

Default Devore Gibbon X and Line Magnetic amplification...anyone hear this combo? Thoughts?

Hello folks. I am intrigued by John Devore's new Gibbon X speaker (see commentary from TAB and Stereophile commentary from last year's CES here: The Audio Beat - CES & THE Show 2012 - Best of Show - Devore Fidelity and John DeVore & the Gibbon X | Stereophile.com). Here's a pic of the Gibbon X speakers with ARC amplification from the CES show:

I also know that he has shown his speakers often with an affordable line of tube gear called Line Magnetic at recent audio shows. I am particularly interested in this bad boy:

This is the Line Magnetic 218IA integrated amp, which is a 22 watt per channel 845 SET-based integrated amp. Driver tubes can be switched to adjust flavor. The options are 6V6, 6L6, 6550, EL34, KT88, 5881 etc. Remote control, adjustable bias using built in meter. 4, 8 and 16 ohm output taps. All point to point wiring used throughout. Comes with a tube cage.

Anyone have a chance to hear this pairing or either separately? Or the Gibbon X with other Line Magnetic amplification?

I know Matt at Pitch Perfect carries both lines so Matt if you see this, please weigh in if you get a chance. Thx