View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
It is sad but true. Not sure if the Kuro will be passed on to someone else but the sets are just fantastic. My local dealers had a special of $2800 for the Elite Kuro sets.... Then the price jumped to $4k and now they are pretty much all gone.... I have their 50" set in my bedroom and it is pure eye candy.
I doubt if anyone else gets the Kuro technology since LCD with LED backlighting is the current wave of the near future for high end. After contacting Pioneer, I found that they were guaranteeing that parts would be available for the Kuros for 7-10 years and longer if necessary so I purchased the last 60 inch Pro at my dealer. Another local dealer indicated that they were out however the warehouse had many but the price had gone up as the number of Kuros warehoused became less.

My crystal ball is charged up this morning for a few seconds and it gives me the impression that Pioneer will be out of the display business for a year or two (giving the world economy a chance to rebound) and THEN come back with another high end killer display and since they got into bed with Sharp who makes LCD panels, I suspect that Pioneer will engineer the very best LCD/LED display and hope that they do.

MikeSp
MX150, MC501's (3), MC352's (2), Aerial Acoustics Model 9's for mains, Aerial Acoustics CC5 for center, and Def Tech surrounds, JL Audio F113's (2) with Sound Anchor Stands, 60 inch Pioneer Kuro, Tivos, Monster HTPS 7000MKII, Oppo BDP-83SE, PS3; dedicated HT still under construction [system used primarily for movies].