View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
Two questions, what is the tracking force you have and is your tonearm parallel, slightly tail up or slightly tail down?

- Buck
Tracking force is at 2.1, and I believe the arm was leveled for 180 gram albums. Open to any suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Tracking force looks good, from everything I’ve read, VPI tables in the Classic series prefer to be run with the tail (end next to counterweight) slightly down rather than parallel. I experimented with this forever when I first got mine setup and I preferred the sound with it like that. It wasn’t any massive difference, but I could hear some brightness tamed a little. Everything sounded more coherent like this. One of these days I may grab one of those USB microscopes and see what angle my stylus is tracking. Fremer is a huge advocate of this.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3