View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Go Dawgs

Hi Rob - I currently use an XX2 mkII and I haven’t had any issues with it, it sounds spectacular. FWIW, our dealer sells Lyra, Dynavector and Clearaudio and he recommended the Dyna due to the synergy between it and the VPI tables. The XX 2 is known for being somewhat neutral with good attack and bass slam which lines up pretty well with what I hear (as you may remember I have the ARC Ref 2 SE as well). I would wait for the setup check to see what’s going on before pulling the trigger on a new cartridge, the XX2 is pretty much universally loved from what I could tell in my research before I bought mine. Two questions, what is the tracking force you have and is your tonearm parallel, slightly tail up or slightly tail down?

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3