View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Sounding Analog is not the goal for me. Your last sentence is what I seek.
Well, but sound *is* analog by its very nature, is it not? And what you say you want is natural sound, that feeling of "being there", rather than a feeling of listening to a recording, whatever the format used, yes? Can we agree that sound is not a discrete series of events the way digital records it, even with really high sampling and bit rates?

I ask these questions simply because I don't know you, and you don't know me, and neither of us knows the assumptions and biases the other is starting from, so this is my attempt to understand those details.

And somewhat apropos of the discussion, here's a quote from Neil Gader during an interview a couple of years ago:

Quote:
It’s pathetic that the best thing you can buy in 2010 is an LP—an artifact from the 1960s.
The technology, while changing, has not, I think, changed all that much in the last couple of years. His last sentence is though, I think, the most telling:

Quote:
It’s going to be up to the consumer to decide.
Full interview starts on page 10 of this document: media.avguide.com/vinyl_buyers_guide_2011.pdf

I point to this mainly because I can't find anything to disagree with in the interview. But as with most anything related to audio, it's simply a set of opinions.