View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcity View Post
Updyke,

The open baffles are from Analog’s collection. I am sure he can tell you all about them. The single driver horn is a speaker I just made. Dennis and I have been loving our Madisound bk-12 so I made us each a pair or these larger brothers. A therapeutic exorcise during the stay home/safe period. I was finally able to deliver them as you see in the photo’s. These were really a fun project but not likely an addition to the Inspire line.

Now, as for open baffles, Analog and Dennis worked up a speaker a while back which there are some picts floating around. A very nice sound and quite complementary to the Inspire line. Again, Analog can elaborate. We are also discussing a open baffle design using a Great Planes driver. I’ll keep you posted on any further developments on that project.
The set of 15" open baffles is a one off of the Inspire speaker line we were working on. I talked one of our collaborators into making a rough set up/prototype similar to the shape of the Inspire speakers just to see what a pair of Altec 604-8B I had lying around would sound like. Add the magic of one of DJH's crossovers and away we go!