View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM

Bill - what amps are you using? If I was going down this route, I would look at the ModWright KWI200 with the optional DAC (and Phono) card. The MOSFETS in the KWI200 should give you a nice tube like sound.

Do you need bass management with your F113's? You could look at the ModWright KWI200 with a Velodyne SMS-1.

Another option is the McIntosh C50.

Admittedly, the CP-800 certainly gives you a lot of candy for money. Hard to beat...and everything worked flawlessly when I had it. I just couldn't get use to the sound. Sorry...but that was just me. You may love it in your room.

That being said, a Classe' setup is on my list to explore for my Family Room setup.

Your MS300 going into the Classe' CP-800 could give you a world class digital performer. I would put a Bryston BDP-2 upstairs and move my Mac Mini downstairs. I would also add a sub (or two) to my Bookshelf speakers and the CP-800 bass management would handle the crossover. OK, damn it, it does have a lot of features for the money!

Make sure you check out some of the new NAD stuff as well.

What about PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC II and Memory Player? The PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC II can be used as a preamp.

Lots of great options.

Mike