Thread: Ref 6SE
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3132 View Post
Agree with your thoughts on the review. It was not well focused on the Ref 6SE or much thoughts on how it was different from the Ref 6 except for the obvious physical changes.

Horrible review for anyone wanting to make a decision.

Ed
TERRIBLE REVIEW!!! So annoying. I was looking forward to a more "down-to-earth" review.

It seems that he did not like REF6SE, but it also seems he can"t decipher the sound without untangling the mess of tweaks he installed (my apologies to the tweakers,but a reviewer shouldn't become a mad scientist to contour the sound of review gear . It's unfair to the reader,imo).

How does a potential consumer evaluate a component when the stock power cord is changed, plugged into a conditioner with another power cord, sits on a upgraded rack and footers???. (at least he didn't roll the tubes...i hope.)

Sorry, but to me, that's like buying a Honda Civic and doing the "tuner thing" to it. Is is really a Civic anymore?

If you throw peanuts, whipped cream,syrup and 6 other toppings on a scoop of ice cream can you honestly tell me if the ice cream itself is special?

Is it brand X or Carvel?

Sorry, just my 3 cents