View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 PM

Default 2 kins o music, country and western

Ive been a fan since the 1970 Jerry Garcia rolling Stone interview. He spoke at length about Dolly Parton, I was hooked. Im glad Burns made this documentary, especially if it gets some new listeners. A word of advice,don't listen to any terrestrial country stations, it may make you suicidal. Burns covered the basics and thats good enough. Outlaw ountry on XM is a excellent channel to hear Americana. Side story. I saw Ernest Tubb in the middle 70's. His latest release was "if dont stop checkin up on me, im checkin out on you".I called up KSAN( former hippie free form now country radio)to request the song. I remember exactly what I was told "the program director has his alligator boots stuck so far up his ass he wouldn't know country if it bit on the ass. I will get fired if I play that"