View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 07:46 PM

I was looking for a system I could split 50% for 2 channel music for myself and 50% for movies for the family - There were some systems that worked better at one or the other but for me nothing that could do both .......Revel had the most natural speaking voices and snare drums that popped but like all speakers they have their quirks:

Pros
1) Seamless transition between drivers ... not easy for a 4 way system but so perfect it spoils you
2) The most sublime high end with no glare whatsoever ... room filling with zero coloration - The VERTICAL tweeter dispersion is top of the line
3) Solid bass .... I cross mine over to a sub at 40Hz strictly for Starship rumble - Those three 8" woofers with the vertical port fear no recording
4) There is no center channel that pairs as well with it's columns as Revel's Voice 2 and at only 25" wide it has a small foot print
5) Run through a McIntosh mx150 room correction and placement becomes reasonably easy - They give you a huge sweet spot

Cons
1) Power Hungry Beasts ..... makes sense when you consider you are driving three woofers, two different size midranges, plus a tweeter - They require ample clean power and good upstream components
2) They are tall at 54" .... so wife acceptance is a challenge - The style is traditional but they won't be disappearing in am interior decorating scheme - It does help to have children (or better yet grandchildren) who love to watch movies
3) Not very forgiving of poor source material so you need good components and a very good processor

Anyway that's my two cents ...