View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post

Richard-

The Esoteric UX-1 (I believe), was the same 'tier' as the K-01/K03 is now-

The Wavelength Silver Crimson (under sub-optimal conditions) completely kicked butt on the Esoteric, and no offense, I'm sure the K-01/K-03 would also be emasculated-

It sounded so huge, open, analogue, w/ a natural ebb & flow- Hard to believe- Of course you're welcome to come & listen for yourself-

IMHO, of course-

David
I bet I would love it!

Beautiful set up you have created and I admire your being able to share and discuss your experiences with a few similarly interested buddies. That shared experience has to be the most fun.

Digital is sort of depressing in that it always gets a little or a lot better. Technology marches on relentlessly it appears.

Since I replaced my Sonus Faber with Shindo I haven't used digital once. In fairness I also installed a good turntable then too. There is something about the process of listening to vinyl that amplifies my listening experience. I think I have too much digital elsewhere in my life. I really should get a sacd player but somehow I just haven't yet.

You have beautiful high quality components that mirrors my new found tube and horn sensibilities. It must sound spectacularly good.

Love to hear it.

Last edited by Freestone; 02-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.