View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
Richard-

The Esoteric UX-1 (I believe), was the same 'tier' as the K-01/K03 is now-

The Wavelength Silver Crimson (under sub-optimal conditions) completely kicked butt on the Esoteric, and no offense, I'm sure the K-01/K-03 would also be emasculated-

It sounded so huge, open, analogue, w/ a natural ebb & flow- Hard to believe- Of course you're welcome to come & listen for yourself-

IMHO, of course-

David
Yeah, David, I'm thinkin' the same thing. And the tubes and Crimson aren't even run in yet. Oh, and then there's the Audioquest Diamond USB cable you just snagged; we were just using my plain-vanilla AQ Carbon USB cable.

Oh, and the computer server setup was less than optimal, too! Sounded amazing for what was definitely a sub-optimal implementation.

More goodness to come!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-07-2013 at 02:23 AM.