Thread: Avp-a1hdci ?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
The Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELYPB View Post
I owned this processor for two years, and have to say it is a wonderful unit. I sold mine last summer along with the rest of my theater gear to focus on my two channel setup. If I where you and you can hold off another month or two I would wait and get one with the update 1.4 hdmi board. I also think they will be adding the latest Aydussey XT32 as well .

I believe the Denon website has a statement that they put out back at the beginning of the year stating that the updates for the AVP will begin in October 2011.

I would also look into the Classe SSP-800 as someone above mentioned, but for myself in the future I plan on going with something along the lines of the Marantz AV7005. For me Pre/Pro's change so quickly anymore that I have decided to invest in a nice two channel pre-amp (McIntosh C50) that has theater bypass, and will go with a mid line pre/pro. This way if I want to upgrade each year or two the investment isn't as large. I also feel without even hearing it as of yet that the Marantz AV7005 probably is as good if not better than the current version of the AVP for 6k less.
This is my current thinking/philosophy moving forward as well. However, I would not expect the AV7005 to be nearly as good as the Denon AVP - especially once the upgrades to XT32 are added. Hopefully Marantz will come out with an AV8005/6 as an updated model at CES next January as that would be closer to the Denon.
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables