Thread: Apc s20 > p12
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:50 AM

Default Apc s20 > p12

I have had an APC S20 (about 9 yo) as by conditioner for my family room system - MA8900, MCT450, B&W 805D3, B&W DB1D, iTouch, along with TV, Blu-Ray and DVR. I came home yesterday and I heard a clicking sound over by my system. The APC was clicking on and off and the MCT was doing the same. I was not able to power off the APC so I unplugged it. I proceeded to unplug everything from the unit. Once I unplugged the APC and let it set for 15 minutes, I plugged in again. The screen said no battery attached (the S20 has a battery back-up). I took off the faceplate, took out the battery, looked at all of the internal connections, seemed OK, no leakage. I replaced these batteries last year so I did not feel like it was a battery issue so I replaced the battery and faceplate and plugged back it. The APC rebooted and once again said no battery detected. After ten minutes that notice went away and the battery started to recharge. I left the unit on overnight without any issues of clicking on and off but I feel apprehensive to plug my equipment back into the APC S20. I sent Ivan a quick text to ask for a quote and he immediately called me back and we discussed the P12 vs the P15 (what fantastic personal service, which should not surprise anyone at all). After doing my research I discovered the P15 would not fit into my console/rack due to the height. The APC S20 was rated at 1.25Kw so I figured the P12 would be a nice replacement. Anyway, I am now awaiting the delivery of the PS Audio P12 at a very, very desirable price. In the meantime until delivery I will just revert to an old Monster Cable surge strip and keep unplugged until my listening session.

Thank you Ivan!