View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
If you have Transformer induced EMI Hum, ie: having a Pre-Amp or similar component in very close proximity to a Power Unit, or Power Amp, I have the solution for you.

This device: HARApad EMF Protection - Radiation & Heat Shield really works. It will support heavy weight, and doubles as a heat shield.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Simply place this under the component(s) you feel are being adversely affected. At only .25” thick it becomes an invisible shield, and will solve your problem. As long as the hum is not volume dependent (gets louder with your volume/gain control) you more than likely have an EMI issue.
Ivan would this be a good addition to place under my MX150? it has some hum you can hear in the speakers at low levels or when nothing is playing.

However same rig and all the same amps if I am running the 500c 500t Vs the MX150 to drive the 601s it is dead quiet. My guy tell me it is a 60hz hum and the MX150 with all the added cables and maybe not as good of internals as the 500 rig are the issue as to why it picks up the hum.

Also thanks ivan for your time on this post for all of us buddy